Skinetic Plugin for Unreal Engine 4 & 5
This plugin is conceived for Unreal Engine 4.24 to 5.1.
To install the Skinetic SDK plugin in any project:
Unpack the archive corresponding to the desired major version of Unreal Engine (UE4 or UE5)
Create a “Plugins” folder if it does not already exist in your project root directory
Copy the “Skinetic SDK” folder from the archive into the “Plugins” folder
Check and change if necessary the Unreal Version in the SkineticSDK.uplugin file according to the one you attempt to use.
Regenerate the project files (Visual Studio) to allow the library to be copied in the correct Binaries folder. (For this step, the project must be a C++ project)
Reopen the project with Unreal
Agree to rebuild the project if the following popup is displayed :
The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:
Would you like to rebuild them now?
Make sure the plugin is enable in the Plugins browser tab (Project → Haptic category)
Plugin’s content should now be visible in the Content Browser. If it’s not the case, toggle “Show Plugin Content” in the View Options panel of the Content Browser.
Not available yet
Plugin General Overview
This plugin is designed to provide easy access to the Skinetic SDK inside Unreal for Android or Windows targets. Although the SDK can be used directly in C++, this plugin is aimed to allow developers to produce as minimal work as possible to integrate haptic feedback for Skinetic in their Unreal project.
The plugin relies on several key components:
Skinetic Device Data Asset
A custom Data Asset to configure the Skinetic device to play on.
Skinetic Pattern Data Asset
A custom Data Asset containing a Skinetic haptic pattern (spn) and allowing basic commands.
Skinetic Effect Component
A component referencing a pattern and allowing more complex playing commands and effect instances handling.
Skinetic Plugin for Unreal Engine 4 & 5 is an integration of Skinetic SDK, which is available under two types of licenses to accommodate different usage scenarios - Commercial and Non-Commercial.
If you are using this plugin for commercial purposes, please refer to the
SkineticSDK_commercial_license.pdf file located in the licenses folder. Ensure that you read and comply with the terms outlined in this file for commercial usage.
For non-commercial use of this plugin, please consult the
SkineticSDK_non_commercial_license.pdf file within the licenses folder. Review the terms specified in the file to ensure compliance with the non-commercial licensing agreement.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or require further assistance regarding licensing or usage of Skinetic SDK or its plugins.
Last Version: [1.3.0] - 2024-01-15
- Wifi: Can connect to Skinetic device over Wifi4
- Documentation: online API documentation and examples on unitouch.actronika.com
- Experimental Audio Stream: Streaming haptic to standard audio devices
- HSD mk.II USB: Detection and connection to HSD mk.II devices
- Update Skinetic SDK to 1.4.2
- Minor fixes
[1.2.0] - 2023-06-21
- UE5: Compatibility with UE5.0 and UE5.1
- Transformation: Shape-based patterns can be transformed on play by passing three additional parameters: height translation, heading rotation and tilting rotation.
- Spatial Inversion and Addition: An effect can be triggered with right/left, up/down and front/back inversion or addition.
- Global Boost setting: The boost increase the overall intensity of all haptic effects.
- Pattern and Effect Boost: Each instance has its own boost value using the default Pattern boost, which can be overridden on play.
- Effect Accumulation strategy: A fallback-pattern feature to alleviate haptic confusion.
- Update Skinetic SDK to 1.3.0
- Number of simultaneous playing samples increased to 10: compatible with the Skinetic firmware 1.1.3 or higher.
- Play parameters now passed as a structure
- Stop Fadeout: Remove any duration limitation to allow longer fadeout.
- Minor fixes
[1.1.1] - 2023-02-20
- Update Skinetic SDK to 1.1.1 (bug fix)